On Top Elite Lighted Basic ATD
ASAs newest line of FAA-approved training devices combine the power and flexibility of On Top software with the renowned ELITE Simulation Solutions flight control hardware.
This item weighs 120 lbs and does not qualify for free shipping. In addition, the system may not accurately calculate the actual shipping cost at the time of checkout. A representative will contact you to advise the shipping cost.
Presenting pilots, instructors and flight schools with the next level of FAA-approved aviation training devices (ATD), the On Top-ELITE Lighted Basic ATD, which includes a lighted-panel avionics stack. Users retain all the benefits of our original PCATDs as well as the obvious next step—the ability to log additional time after the initial instrument rating is complete.
This means it is a loggable training device for private pilot training, initial instrument rating and for maintaining currency requirements—by far the largest benefit of using a Basic ATD. The On Top-ELITE Lighted Basic ATD meets the FAA requirements* for a loggable training device for the following when flown under the supervision of a flight instructor:
- Instrument Currency: Per 14 CFR 61.57(c)(1), 6 instrument approaches, holding procedures, intercepting and tracking NAVAIDs.
- Instrument Rating Training: Per 14 CFR 61.65(e)(2) and 141.41(b), 10 hours towards the instrument rating experience requirements.
- Private Pilot Training: Per 14 CFR 61.109(k)(1), 2.5 hours towards the private pilot experience requirements.
- Proficiency Training: Per 14 CFR 141.57, any number of hours deemed appropriate by the school when conducting a special curricula dedicated to pilot proficiency.
- FAA Wing's Program: Per AC 61-91H Pilot Proficiency Program, paragraph 7 a (3), 1 hour of instrument training.
Includes: On Top™ software, ELITE Pro Panel II Flight console (with 6 and 3-lever throttle quadrants, ELITE rudder pedals, ELITE AP-3000 lighted avionics stack, user manual and instructional guide with integrated ground and flight training syllabus.
NOTE: Monitors not included.
Minimum System Requirements for On Top Elite (Lighted) Basic ATD
- Windows-compatible processor (AMD or Intel), 200 MHz or faster (Win98/ME), 300 MHz or faster (Win2000/XP 32-bit), 1.0 Ghz or faster (Windows Vista 32-bit).
- Windows 98, ME, 2000, XP (32-bit) or Vista (32-bit) operating system.
- Minimum System RAM 64 MB (Win98/ME), 128 MB (Win2000/XP), 512 MB (Vista).
- 42 MB available hard drive space.
- CD-ROM drive (4x or faster).
- 800x600 SVGA video adapter and monitor.
- Windows DirectX-compatible sound card and speakers.
- DirectX 8.1 (included on the On Top v.8.1.1 CD) or newer.
- Mouse or other compatible pointing device.
- 3 available USB ports*
*A multi-port USB hub can be used. Only a single USB port is required if a hub is used.