Virtual Test Prep: An Aviation Ground School brings an advanced classroom to any home TV or computer DVD player. Certified Flight Instructor test, 2008 Edition.
With Virtual Test Prep, you can learn the material you need to ace the FAA Knowledge Exam right from your TV or computer DVD player. Animated and 3D graphics, special effects, expert instructors and terrific inflight footage make Virtual Test Prep a thoroughly entertaining and motivating learning experience that helps you prepare for the exams. Learn from the DVD, take the interactive onscreen subject quiz, then use the included ASA Test Prep book to work through the questions, for a comprehensive aviation ground school. Graduation certificate and instructor endorsement (sign-off) available from ASA for no additional cost upon completion of the course. Package also features 4 complete printed sample tests, and the Bonus DVD Flight Review.
DVD program contents: Fundamentals of Instructing, Aerodynamics and the Principles of Flight, Aircraft Systems, Aircraft Performance, Weather and Weather Services, Enroute Flight and Navigation, Procedures and Airport Operations, Regulations, Flight Instruction and Maneuvers, Flight Physiology, Test Tips, and Review questions. Total running time 10:33:38.
Virtual Test Prep combines the sharp video achieved in DVD format with the expertise and experience of ASAs industry-leading Test Prep Series. Using 3D and animated graphics, special effects, and terrific in-flight footage, our flight instructors and subject experts can help you prepare for your FAA Knowledge Exam with a thoroughly entertaining and motivating learning experience and review. Learn from the DVD, take the interactive on-screen subject quiz, then use the included ASA Test Prep and work through the questions for a comprehensive aviation ground school.
This course provides an organized, easy-to-follow curriculum for any television or computer DVD player for the Certified Flight Instructor certificate. Students watch the DVD to learn the material, take an interactive on-screen quiz consisting of sample FAA questions, then study the complete bank of FAA questions in the Test Prep book included in the package.
Virtual Test Prep uses the latest 3D and animated graphics, special effects, air-to-air video, experienced flight instructors and subject experts, with real-world tips from the classroom, in the airplane, and at the airport. Students will be prepared for their FAA exam, not by rote memorization, but with a true understanding and application of the knowledge needed for the test, making them better and safer pilots.
Other features of the series:
- On-screen aviation mentors coach students with the use of top-notch instructional aids, training technologies, and real-world training tips for a dynamic learning environment.
- More than 10 hours of high-quality DVD presentation brings students all the information they need to ace both the Fundamentals of Instructing and the Flight Instructor FAA Knowledge Exams, with the flexibility of DVD instantaneous control.
- At the end of each lesson an interactive quiz with real FAA exam questions challenges students; scores are displayed so they can monitor their progress for an on-track course.
- Real-world in-flight video provides focused and exciting learning.
- Meets 14 CFR Part 61 home study requirements and the organization makes it an easy addition to any classroom-style ground school.
- Includes Test Prep book and Computer Testing Supplement, with all the FAA test questions, answers, explanations, full-color graphics, and 4 full-length practice tests.
- Graduation certificate with instructor sign-off (endorsement) available from ASA upon completion of the course.
The CFI edition includes a Free Bonus DVD: Flight Review. This 30-minute video presentation is an excellent tool for flight instructors to provide their students prior to issuing the Biennial Flight Review. It not only helps the BFR candidates prepare for the BFR, but lets the Flight Instructor know what is expected of them. The video answers the most frequently asked questions regarding the BFR, including common misconceptions.
Courses available in this series: Private, Instrument, Commercial, CFI.
System Requirements: Television or computer DVD player. Compatible with both PC and Macintosh DVD systems.