Virtual Test Prep: An Aviation Ground School brings the classroom to any home TV or computer DVD player. Commercial pilot test, 2008 Edition.
With Virtual Test Prep, you can learn the material you need to ace the FAA Knowledge Exam right from your TV or computer DVD player. Animated and 3D graphics, special effects, expert instructors and terrific inflight footage make Virtual Test Prep a thoroughly entertaining and motivating learning experience that helps you prepare for the exams. Learn from the DVD, take the interactive onscreen subject quiz, then use the included ASA Test Prep book to work through the questions, for a comprehensive aviation ground school. Graduation certificate and instructor endorsement (sign-off) available from ASA for no additional cost upon completion of the course. Package also features 2 complete printed sample tests, and the Bonus DVD Ramp Check.
DVD program contents: Basic Aerodynamics, Aircraft Systems, Flight Instruments, Regulations, Procedures and Airport Operations, Weather, Weather Services, Aircraft Performance, Navigation, IFR Operations, and Test Tips, and Review questions. Total running time 06:50:30.
ASA presents aviations most exciting aviation ground school for DVD: Virtual Test Prep. Now students can learn the material they need to ace the FAA Knowledge Exam right from their TV or computer DVD player by taking advantage of these latest developments in video production education.
Virtual Test Prep combines the sharp video achieved in DVD format with the expertise and experience of ASAs industry-leading Test Prep Series. Using 3D and animated graphics, special effects, and terrific in-flight footage, our flight instructors and subject experts can help you prepare for your FAA Knowledge Exam with a thoroughly entertaining and motivating learning experience and review. Learn from the DVD, take the interactive on-screen subject quiz, then use the included ASA Test Prep and work through the questions for a comprehensive aviation ground school.
This course provides an organized, easy-to-follow curriculum for any television or computer DVD player for the Commercial Pilot certificate. Students watch the DVD to learn the material, take an interactive on-screen quiz consisting of sample FAA questions, then study the complete bank of FAA questions in the Test Prep book included in the package.
Virtual Test Prep uses the latest 3D and animated graphics, special effects, air-to-air video, experienced flight instructors and subject experts, with real-world tips from the classroom, in the airplane, and at the airport. Students will be prepared for their FAA exam, not by rote memorization, but with a true understanding and application of the knowledge needed for the test, making them better and safer pilots.
Other features of the series:
- On-screen aviation mentors coach students with the use of top-notch instructional aids, training technologies, and real-world training tips for a dynamic learning environment.
- Nearly 7 hours of high-quality DVD presentation brings students all the information they need to ace Commercial Pilot FAA Knowledge Exams, with the flexibility of DVD instantaneous control.
- At the end of each lesson an interactive quiz with real FAA exam questions challenges students; scores are displayed so they can monitor their progress for an on-track course.
- Real-world in-flight video provides focused and exciting learning.
- Meets 14 CFR Part 61 home study requirements and the organization makes it an easy addition to any classroom-style ground school.
- Includes Test Prep book and Computer Testing Supplement, with all the FAA test questions, answers, explanations, full-color graphics, and 4 full-length practice tests.
- Graduation certificate with instructor sign-off (endorsement) available from ASA upon completion of the course.
The commercial pilot DVD course includes a Free bonus DVD: Ramp Check. This 50-minute video presentation discusses what to do and say when a pilot is ramp-checked by the FAA or law enforcement officer. Pilots will learn what the inspector can and can't do. It explains pilots' rights and provides specifics on what to do and not do during a ramp check and how you can avoid and terminate a ramp check.
Courses available in this series: Private, Instrument, Commercial, CFI.
System Requirements: Television or computer DVD player. Compatible with both PC and Macintosh DVD systems.